Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher

Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher
Acting, Singing, Speech - teacher and performer

About Me

Dover, New Hampshire, United States
Currently living in New Hampshire and teaching Acting, Voice & Movement and Dialect coaching at the University of New Hampshire. I am an actor, director, voice & dialect coach and a newly Certified Trainer of the Lessac Kinesensic Voice & Movement Training.

QUOTES OF NOTE

"Don't envy a good voice - You have one!" Arthur Lessac

"To meditate, only you must smile. Smile with the face, smile with mind, and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy. Even smile in your liver... Too serious, you make you sick. You can calling the good energy with a smile."
- from 'eat pray love', Elizabeth Gilbert

An actor should strive to be alive to all that he can imagine possible. Such an actor is generated by an impulse toward an inner unity, as well as by the most intimate contacts he makes outside himself. When we as actors are performing, we as persons are also present and the performance is a testimony of ourselves. Each role, each work, each performance changes us as persons. The actor doesn't start out with answers about living - but with questions about experience. Later, as the actor advances through the progress of the work, the person is transformed. Through the working process which he himself guides, the actor recreates himself.
Nothing less.

- Joseph Chaikin, 1972

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life.
Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Words of Wisdom - books I am reading that are full of WISDOMS

I am currently reading Osho's book "Awareness" and it has some wonderful things in it that I would love to share. Following are some quotes that I believe are fundamental to the craft of acting or any performance actually. They apply to both your artistic self and your self self! He writes his words as an application to life, I believe that its all relative, and this applies across the board!!

"Awareness is what makes you a master - and when I say a master, I do not mean a controller. When I say be a master, I mean be a presence - a continuous presence. Whatever you are doing, or not doing, one thing must constantly be in your consciousness, that you are."

"Your failures will be helpful. They can show you how unconscious you are. And even if you can become aware that you are unconscious, you have gained a certain awareness. If a madman becomes aware that he is mad, he is on the path toward sanity."

"Only when you act from the centre is your act total. And when that act is total, it has a beauty of its own. When the act is total, it is moment to moment. When the act is total, you don't carry the memory - you need not."

I am sure I will find more of these awesome quotes as I continue reading, so I will add them as I find them. I hope you get as much from them as I do.

No comments: