Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher

Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher
Acting, Singing, Speech - teacher and performer

About Me

Dover, New Hampshire, United States
Currently living in New Hampshire and teaching Acting, Voice & Movement and Dialect coaching at the University of New Hampshire. I am an actor, director, voice & dialect coach and a newly Certified Trainer of the Lessac Kinesensic Voice & Movement Training.

QUOTES OF NOTE

"Don't envy a good voice - You have one!" Arthur Lessac

"To meditate, only you must smile. Smile with the face, smile with mind, and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy. Even smile in your liver... Too serious, you make you sick. You can calling the good energy with a smile."
- from 'eat pray love', Elizabeth Gilbert

An actor should strive to be alive to all that he can imagine possible. Such an actor is generated by an impulse toward an inner unity, as well as by the most intimate contacts he makes outside himself. When we as actors are performing, we as persons are also present and the performance is a testimony of ourselves. Each role, each work, each performance changes us as persons. The actor doesn't start out with answers about living - but with questions about experience. Later, as the actor advances through the progress of the work, the person is transformed. Through the working process which he himself guides, the actor recreates himself.
Nothing less.

- Joseph Chaikin, 1972

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life.
Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Feedback from Acting Essentials Workshops

I have now completed 2 Acting Essentials workshops, and have had some wonderful feedback from the participants. Here are a couple of testimonials about peoples experience working with me:

I had such an enriching weekend. You have excellent skills as a teacher, you are completely engaging and your passion for this kind of work is so inspiring. I am completely taken by kinesensic training, it seems to me to be an explanation for so many of the terms and pieces of feedback you get as an actor that never made sense. I feel like my understanding of what other teachers have been trying to say is translated by Lessac. I described it to my mother last night as a wholistic approach to acting training. I think the whole group left feeling inspired and reenergised.... the Lessac training just makes so much sense as a holistic approach to acting training. Nicole Bilson , actor, Brisbane

Thanks for running such a great workshop on the weekend! I loved the energy and passion that you teach with, I think it really served to create an environment in which we all felt safe to explore the work. It was surprisingly refreshing to also discover that the 'work' is enjoyable and easy to apply. I know that I myself rediscovered the joy and the play in what we do as actors. In fact I have already begun applying it to my performing (in the theme parks and for some VO work I did on Monday) and am having a blast with it. Had so much fun, it's a shame we only had 2 days to be introduced to Arthur's amazing work. Ben Clements - actor, Gold Coast

I just wanted to say it was such a pleasant surprise how much I got out of the workshop. You have such a beautiful presence. The workshop was fun and positive and allowed us to be free and vulnerable and that owes much to you and your warm and encouraging nature and abundance of enthusiasm for the work. And what's not to be enthusiastic about it. Watching you morph from one energiser to the next was awesome and I want to be able to do that too!
One of the best things I have taken from the workshop is putting the 'fun' back into acting and rehearsing. Play. Explore. Isn't that our job as actors? Anyway, I loved discovering and exploring the different states of Relaxer Energisers. It was a whole new approach to text that had immediate results. Of course I now feel the need to further develop these skills and would appreciate any little tips you have for "practising" - i mean playing with them. I also loved the flower-smelling breath connection exercise and use this quite regularly now. Its a great one to wake up in the morning with! I'll never forget how good it felt after we got up and walked out of the room after doing that exercise; Floating, tall and effortlessly as if in another world!

Belinda raisin, actor, brisbane

No comments: