Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher

Aimee Blesing - Voice & Acting Teacher
Acting, Singing, Speech - teacher and performer

About Me

Dover, New Hampshire, United States
Currently living in New Hampshire and teaching Acting, Voice & Movement and Dialect coaching at the University of New Hampshire. I am an actor, director, voice & dialect coach and a newly Certified Trainer of the Lessac Kinesensic Voice & Movement Training.

QUOTES OF NOTE

"Don't envy a good voice - You have one!" Arthur Lessac

"To meditate, only you must smile. Smile with the face, smile with mind, and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy. Even smile in your liver... Too serious, you make you sick. You can calling the good energy with a smile."
- from 'eat pray love', Elizabeth Gilbert

An actor should strive to be alive to all that he can imagine possible. Such an actor is generated by an impulse toward an inner unity, as well as by the most intimate contacts he makes outside himself. When we as actors are performing, we as persons are also present and the performance is a testimony of ourselves. Each role, each work, each performance changes us as persons. The actor doesn't start out with answers about living - but with questions about experience. Later, as the actor advances through the progress of the work, the person is transformed. Through the working process which he himself guides, the actor recreates himself.
Nothing less.

- Joseph Chaikin, 1972

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life.
Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

Friday, August 3, 2007

The Work in Action

Yesterday I saw a production of a play called Frost Nixon which starred Tony Award winning and Lessac trained actor, Frank Langella. The play was exceptional. The entire cast created a show that was superb to watch, all transitions were seamless, all characters fully formed and detailed and colourful. It was truly awe inspiring, after having completed the Lessac Summer Intensive so recently, to see Frank Langella utilising his Lessac training, probably completely unconsciously by now, with such phenomenal results.

When you train in any technique, especially early on, you are constantly asking questions, you should be constantly asking questions, and I found that my experience of the Lessac training was certainly like this. There are parts of the work that, because it is new to me and I have not yet fully grasped everything, I am curious to play further with, to explore the usefulness of these different elements in performance and also everyday. Seeing Frank Langella create a perfectly formed character, with all its natural imperfections and flaws, knowing of his Kinesensic training, made me realise just how valuable and extensively useful Lessac training can be.

Let it be understood that I never have at any stage doubted the usefulness of the method, from the very beginning of the training I felt an innate connection with the work, and as I have previously described, experienced changes within myself physically and emotionally that I have been in search of for a long time. But seeing a veteran actor, of the calibre of Mr Langella, put to use so fluidly and seamlessly the work which I have just been introduced to, has inspired me even more to pursue this line of training.

I feel that at this point in my career, it is vital for me to maintain my adventurous spirit, my need to seek new knowledge. I am truly excited at the prospect of continuing the Lessac Kinesensic training and feel like the universe is making this decision I have made even more concrete by placing in my life events such as Frost Nixon. This is a very exciting time for me and I look forward to being able to share this experience with my fellow Australian actors when I return from my overseas trip.

No comments: